The Irish School of Ecumenics’ Continuing Education programme, Education for Reconciliation, has scheduled two courses for the autumn. Both courses will be facilitated by the Rev. Dr Johnston McMaster and Dr Cathy Higgins.
A six session course on ‘Ethical Theological Responses to Shared Remembering 1912-1922’ will be held 21 September-26 October 2011 from 7.30-9.30 pm in Holywood Arts Centre, Newry, Co. Down. Topics include:
- Ethical Remembering and Subversive Memory
- Remembering Creatively in Exile: A Strategy for the Future
- Never Again! A Radical, Biblical Alternative to Violence
- Subverting Blood Sacrifice: Re-imagining Eucharist and Atonement
- Beyond Political Suffrage: Theology, Women and Equality
- A New Theological Vision: Beyond Covenant and Proclamation to Hope for the Future
A six session course on ‘The Parables of Jesus: Stories of Radical Social Transformation’ will be held 20 September-25 October 2011 from 10.30 am-12.30 pm in the Methodist Church Hall, Dungannon. Topics include:
- What is a Parable? Recovering their Subversive Content
- Politics with Carrot and Stick
- Once There was a Rich Man
- Free to Choose
- End Times
- Can I Not Do as I Please?
Course fees are £10 unwaged and £20 waged. To register and for further information, contact Karen Nicholson on 028 9077 5010 (from Northern Ireland) or 048 9077 5010 (from the Republic of Ireland).
The courses are part-financed by Community Relations Council core funding.